Saturday, April 4, 2009

Week 8, Thing #18

I looked at both Zoho and Google docs and found them to be quite similar. I played around with Google docs because I thought it would be better to use since I already have a Google account. This would be a great way to write those "group documents" that sometimes come up during the year, like letters to the school board, new district-wide library policies, etc. There were templates for almost every conceivable use. I would back up all my documents on my school server, but Google docs is another safety net.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit that I haven't done much with ZOHO.... mostly because I use so many other google aps that I am using googledocs which is very similar. I know that there are some things that are more robust in ZOHO but I have been able to do everything I need to do on google so far. However, whatever service you use, the ability to share and edit as well as access your docs no matter what computer you are on is becoming more critical for our students. I know that for some of ours, they work on PC at home, use a mac at school and have to print from their parent's or a friend computer. These hosting services allow them to avoid the cross platform, docx and other problems that entails.

    ReplyDelete