Saturday, April 4, 2009

Week 7, Thing #16

I have had a couple of experiences using wikis before. While I was completing my library endorsement through the University of Montana (online), we had a couple of group projects that were successful because we could collaborate using our wiki. In my group, we had two folks from Montana, one from Arizona and me, from Alaska! What a great tool for our students for their group projects also. The AP History wiki example was an excellent use of a wiki for an entire class because the instructions, tasks, resources and finished products were all gathered in one place.
One wiki I have read occaisionally is Joyce Valenza's teacherlibrarianwiki. Once and a while I find a very useful idea/resource there. I especially like the booklists sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment