Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Reflection, Appendix C Web 2.0: new schools, new tools

I wanted to try to use a web 2.0 tool to create a reflection of the chapter I choose. I found Wordle and thought it would be the perfect tool to visually sum up my reading. Wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. I was not able to scan a chapter and copy it to Worldle, so I choose David Warlick's essay titled "A day in the life of web 2.0" (Appendix C) because I could also find it online. I edited out all the Mr. and Mrs. because I liked the word cloud better without them. So here it is.



Click here for larger image.

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to show the importance of various concepts in the article. I haven't used wordle that way but it could be a really good way to help students identify important concepts and how they relate to each other...... Very creative :-)

    ReplyDelete