Friday, March 27, 2009

Week 6, Thing #14


I have never used Technorati before, so this was all new to me. After discovering that I had to use the advanced search to differentiate I found that between blog posts, tags, and the blog directory, the tags gave me the most relevant results. The blog directory was too basic and limiting and the post search found ANYTHING with any of the search words in the post. I found so many "23 things" blogs. It's easy to start reading and then the time just flies!
I didn't find much of interest in the "popular" sites. I tried looking at Boing Boing - the most popular blog - but found that most posts were about things I just don't have interest in.
I think that the key to many of the Web 2.0 tools is tagging. The more relevant "subjects" one can add as tags - the more likely an information seeker will find what they are looking for, and the more likely one's work/ideas will circulate.
By the way - here's the most popular photo today. A lunchbox that heats and stores your food???

2 comments:

  1. What won't they think of next..... I don't find technorati all that helpful in finding blogs I am interested in. Google Blog search usually gets better hits for me. Of course, I have seriously restricted the number of blogs I am subscribing to because there just isn't enough time. ....

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a lunch box that heats my food! What a convenience.

    ReplyDelete