Thursday, March 12, 2009

Week 5, Thing #10








from: http://search.creativecommons.org

I chose to make a trading card using the Trading Card maker from BigHugeLabs. I wanted some quick handouts to give students with information about the Digital Pipeline's databases from the state libary and thought these would fit the bill. (the user name and password are deleted because this is online)I found the photo of the Alyeska pipeline from creative commons/flickr.
The "rainbow of books mosaic" was made again using BigBlueLabs and some photos of books in our library. My assistant is very influenced by color in her artistic endeavors and I thought she would enjoy this. It is also a nice poster for a dreary gray spring day!


ImageChef.com Poetry Blender

This is my attempt at Image Chef. I used a photo of my son and text and background from the ImageChef site. Happy Sun!

2 comments:

  1. I had such a giggle with the photo of the bear on the pipeline....what a great picture. I have started using creative commons more and more and I appreciate that we can teach students how to not only search that way but they can give permissions for their own work which is really powerful for them.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the bear on the pipeline pic too! I also thought that the image you made at imagechef.com was fun and interesting. These two items put together really feature Alaska's wild side; they would be great in a presentation for tourists interested in visiting Alaska.

    ReplyDelete